Mental health first aid training for ALMBC members
2020 has been a challenging year for our industry, and ALMBC is proud to be partnering with Support Act as the organisation continues to explore new ways of supporting the financial, psychological and social wellbeing of people who make a living from music.
From early next year ALMBC members will be able to participate in Support Act’s Mental Health First Aid training program.
Support Act is now taking registrations HERE with participants commencing self-guided learning and participating in two 2.5 hr online workshops from early February 2021.
The program will provide hundreds of people from the music industry the opportunity to complete a certified Mental Health First Aid training program, delivered by Support Act in partnership with creative mental health organisation Make Shift.
Mental Health First Aid is the nationally accredited training for individuals and teams to be able to effectively respond to mental health issues. Participants will learn how to:
- Recognise common mental health issues
- Provide initial help using a practical, evidence-based Action Plan
- Respond in a Mental Health crisis situation
- Seek appropriate professional help
The Online Mental Health First Aid program includes:
- Online Self-Paced eLearning (approximately 6 hours)
- 2 x Live Online Workshops (two 2.5 hour webinars)
Participants will receive:
- A Mental Health First Aid Manual (accessible online)
- Access to the Mental Health First Aid Australia eLearning training
- Two Live Online Workshops with expert facilitators
- A Certificate of Accreditation (if they complete all the components).