we are a united voice of our live music industry
We provide focused advocacy for thousands of Australian owned small businesses and sole traders that support Australian music in public performance places, and create tens of thousands of Australian jobs in the creative economy.
Membership is open to concert and festival promoters, event presenters, venues, booking agents, artists, DJ’s, technical crew, show crew, show labour, venue staff, ticketing companies, merchandise companies, catering companies, venue workers… indeed anyone whose primary vocation is in the live music sector.
ALMBC Policy Priorities
1. To represent the interests of Australian-owned, live music businesses at all levels of government and within the broader Australian music industry.
2. The establishment of a Live Music Public Liability Insurance scheme to help venues that have been unable to secure or afford PLI.
3. To work alongside other stakeholders in music, hospitality and other industries to resolve urgent and systemic issues surrounding skills and labour shortages.
4. To help raise awareness regarding the under-use of options like portable superannuation by gig-economy workers in the live music sector.
5. To work with businesses in the live music sector to improve commercial practises and behaviour – including facilitating a Best Practice Guidelines for the industry.
6. The production of a Live Music Industry Directory – to make it easier for members and the broader industry operators to find relevant services, including coverage of Traditional owners and Traditional Place names.
ALMBC Diversity Charter
The ALMBC believes that people are the lifeblood of the music industry. The Australian live music industry is a broad intersection of people, communities and different cultures. The Australian live music industry includes people of every conceivable background and identity – this diverse workforce in Australian society is something that must be celebrated. The ALMBC is committed to ensuring all voices within the sector of small to medium Australian live music enterprises are visible and audible. The ALMBC will be proactive in ensuring the representation of the depth and diversity of the whole of the Australian live music community.