Strictly Legal: How to run a tax effective business in the music industry
Join the ALMBC Board to discuss the most effective way to set up and run your business in the music industry. 12pm Wednesday 30 August 2023. (note – updated date from 28 June)
12pm – 1pm AEST
Key Topics Include:
– Company and Business Structure – what are the options?
– Tax Offset Accounts – what are they and how much should I be setting aside?
– Managing Cashflow – tips and tools of the trade
– Deductions – what is acceptable and when should I seek advice?
– Liability Mitigation – what can I do to ensure my business is protected?
– Risk Mitigation – what are some simple strategies to implement early?
– Super Obligations – a reminder on what you must be doing now
– Contracting 3rd Parties – what are the simple things that keep everyone accountable?
– Best Practice Book-keeping – when is the right time to get a book keeper?
Jennifer Tutty – Studio Legal Founder and Principal
Jennifer (Jen) started Studio Legal 10 years ago. Her dedication to her craft and hard work has seen Studio Legal become a ‘go to’ firm for creative people and businesses in Australia.
With nearly 20 years’ legal experience as well as being a business owner and creative herself (google Jen Tutty DJ!), Jennifer gets the legal, commercial and creative pressures faced by her clients, and is able to effortlessly solve a myriad of legal problems strategically, effectively and with an empathetic touch.
Emma Brophy – Generate Client Manager
Charted Accountant, with a particular interest in business services and taxation. Previously Emma ran a record store and live music venue in Thirroul, Wollongong called URGE Records, specialising in Sydney and Wollongong punk.
Brian ‘Smash’ Chladil
Brian (Smash) Chladil is the co-Founder of Oztix and his been in the business of music for nearly 40 years from ticketing to event management and productions logistics to band management and record labels. Hear his tips on how to stay fluid in the business.