Space To Create Residency
Space to Create III: Music Residency is an intensive residential program open to emerging through to established First Nations musicians, artists, songwriters, audio engineers, producers and those employed in the music industry.
This program will be delivered in partnership with the Australian National University’s School of Music and the Yil Lull recording studio. The aim of the program is to create a dedicated space so each of the participants can take the time to sustain and grow creative ideas including composition, voice coaching, strengthen technical skills and to provide professional development opportunities for the future. The delivery of the program will be flexible and adapted to each of the participants’ requirements.
Applications close: Tuesday 14 November 2023, 3pm AEDT
Residency dates: 21-27 March 2024
Space to Create will provide:
- on campus space, time and resources to develop the participant’s music practice, professional and creative ideas and industry networks
- technical support from ANU and Yil Lull staff
access to state-of-the-art recording studios and studio production support
access to mastering and video editing
- music industry masterclasses and creative labs tailored to meet the participants’ needs
- one-on-one mentoring for the participants by selected music industry professionals
- First Nations community and cultural engagement
- a fee for the residency period ($1,000 plus a $75 per day per diem to cover the seven-day residency)
- accommodation, living expenses and travel.
For more information about the Guidelines and to APPLY, please click HERE!
Please distribute to your First Nations contacts in the music industry.